46 Generals and Counting...
Florida Institute of Technology was once again named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs. Florida Tech is among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that made the 2016 list in recognition of its efforts to recruit, support and retain American veterans and current active or reserve service members as students.
Since 1972, Florida Tech has been educating military professionals, including 46 generals and 5 astronauts. In fact, the Extended Studies Department was originally created to serve military service members at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Maryland, and has grown to serve multiple bases throughout the country including Redstone Arsenal, Fort Lee, Fort Eustis, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Picatinny Arsenal and the Naval Air Warfare Center in Lakehurst, New Jersey. Florida Tech's Off-Site Locations' curriculum is uniquely designed to allow you to earn your master's degree or graduate certificate while serving your country.
Military Tuition Assistance
Florida Tech graduate students have access to military tuition assistance to help offset a portion of their tuition and fees. For full-time, active-duty service members in each military branch, the military’s tuition assistance program pays up to a maximum of $250 per semester credit hour and an individual maximum of $4,500 per fiscal year per student. Selected military Reserve and National Guard units also offer a tuition assistance program, although the benefits may vary from the full-time duty program.
Veteran's Education Benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs administers several different education benefit programs including The Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®. For information on eligibility and how to apply for benefits, visit United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Florida Tech is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which is available for Post 9/11-Chapter 33 applicants entitled at 100% eligibility. You may be eligible if you:
- Apply to the U.S DVA for benefits and provide a copy of your certificate of eligibility to your servicing site.
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
Florida Tech offers matching grants for veterans who are eligible for Yellow Ribbon. To take advantage of the Yellow Ribbon Program, you must first apply for benefits.
While enrolled at Florida Tech, all students using VA educational assistance should contact their off-campus site. For more information, call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551. Some of the veterans’ education programs are listed below.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program
DOD Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts
Florida Tech qualifies under the DOD Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program. Contact your service to learn of the various tuition benefits available for spouses of military personnel.
Wisdom Warrior Program
Through Florida Tech’s Wisdom Warrior Program (WWP), we offer a capped tuition rate of $250 per credit hour for all Off-Site Locations exclisively to U.S. Active Duty Military Service Members. If you plan to use Military Tuition Assistance that covers $250 per credit hour, you can take graduate courses (excluding doctorate) from one of our 15 Off-Site Locations locations and Virtual Site with 100% tuition coverage under the Wisdom Warrior Program.
In addition, the program also provides a 10% tuition discount to a military spouse for our graduate courses (excluding doctorate).
Contact your site's administrator to apply.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.