Information for International Students
We are pleased you are considering Florida Institute of Technology. We have many options for international students, including our Virtual Site, FIT Orlando and our main-campus.
If you are interested in obtaining a world-class American education from the comfort of your home country, consider pursuing your graduate degree from our Virtual Site. Our Virtual Site extends our graduate program offering to professionals around the world through our high-quality online learning platform all taught by expert faculty.
Through technology, Florida Tech is able to dissolve the boundaries faced by international students who wish to pursue an American education from their home country. Well-rounded faculty, professional administrative leadership and strategic technological partnerships bring the university’s expertise and resources to international students who understand the value of an American education from a private, non-profit university with a world-class reputation.
- Designed for working professionals
- Complete program in two years or less
- Coursework delivered 100% online
- GMAT/GRE not required
- No Visa required
If you are an international student not living in the United States and would like to pursue your graduate degree in an exciting and vibrant city, consider FIT Orlando.
The unique programs only offered through FIT Orlando are of the same caliber and quality as our main-campus programs. International students can enjoy the benefit of a reputable American education while living in "The City Beautiful, " home to world-renowned entertainment, dining, attractions, shopping and cultural offerings.
- Designed for independent students ready to immerse themselves in a new culture
- Can complete program in 15 months
- GMAT/GRE not required
- Dedicated staff to help guide and support transition
In order to apply:
- You must have the equivalent of a four-year U.S. undergraduate degree.
- You will need to provide certified transcripts, marks sheets, or grades sheets from the institution where you earned your degree.
- All documents must be in English, therefore a translation service might be needed.
We encourage all International students to have their transcripts independently evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
If you were born in another country but are now living in the United State or have become a naturalized U.S. citizen, you would follow the same application process as other students in addition;
- You must also provide proof of residency or proof of U.S. citizenship status.
- Florida Tech cannot hold student visas (F-1 visas) for off-campus students, so you must have some other proof of residency or citizenship, such as
- If you have the permanent resident “green card,” please provide that to us.
- Some visas may also be acceptable for study in the U.S. via distance learning, so if you are living in the U.S. under a visa, you must provide us with your visa information.
- If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen, we will need proof of citizenship in the form of your naturalization papers, valid U.S. passport, or U.S. military I.D.